The wait is over, finally the WhatsApp has released it’s web version, now you can enjoy whatsapp on the go!
The new Web client is actually a simple mirror from the WhatsApp app on your phone, so in order to use it, you’ll need to have an active connection on your phone, not just your computer.
To start, you’ll need to scan a QR code and have the latest version of WhatsApp installed on your phone. You’ll also need to be using the Chrome browser on the desktop.
WhatsApp founder Jan Koum said that due to “Apple platform limitations”, there’s no iOS version on the way for now. This WhatsApp will act as a medium for your original whatsapp on the web.
- Chrome 35+ version.
- WhatsApp Version 2.11.498 or greater.
- Internet connectivity on both desktop and smartphone to generate and to make a keep alive connection between two devices.
Steps to run WhatsApp Web:
1) Update your WhatsApp Messenger to version 2.11.498 (Latest version link at the last of this post)
2) Go to WhatsApp > Menu > WhatsApp Web, you will have something like this:
3) Go to https://web.whatsapp.com/ and get your QR code to scan.
Here is a login screenshot for WhatsApp Web.
4) Once you scan the code, it will automatically connected! (Do remember to set internet on your mobile too)
5) Done! You are now on WhatsApp Web.
Note: WhatsApp uses Sticky Broadcast method to transfer chats and data, so keep in mind to keep a good internet connection between the both.
So what are you waiting for, go ahead and start using WhatsApp Web.
Download latest version for android here.
Go to WhatsApp Web
For any queries, leave your comments and feedbacks in the comment section below.