OnePlus One Official Lollipop Rom
The guide will tell you how to root the phone, install custom recovery and then install your rom.
Setup, Preparation and Prerequisites
I know there are already a few root guides out there for this phone, but I found that they weren’t very detailed. This guide is thorough and explains each and every step in a noob-proof manner.
Basic tasks that I may refer to throughout this guide:
- Open command prompt – Press Window Key + R, type in “cmd” (without the quotes), and hit enter.
- Enter fastboot mode- Turn the phone off. Hold volume up + power until the “fastboot” screen appears
1. ADB & Fastboot Installation:
- Download the full Android SDK here (scroll to the bottom of the page>DOWNLOAD FOR OTHER PLATFORMS>SDK Tools Only) or get a slimmed version containing only the essential components here
- Extract the zip and place the android-sdk-windows folder on your desktop.
**If you chose to download the slimmed sdk skip to step 5**
- Only if you downloaded the full sdk: Go into the android-sdk-windows folder and run SDK Manager.exe. Install the following packages (there are a total of 4 packages):
– Tools > Android SDK Tools, Android SDK Platform-tools
– Extras > Android Support Library, Google USB Driver
- Only if you downloaded the full sdk: Go back into the android-sdk-windows directory, and you should see a new folder named platform-tools. If you don’t see this new folder, repeat the step above.
- To confirm that it is indeed working, open a command prompt window and enter the following commands:
cd Desktop/android-sdk-windows/platform-tools adb version
If it displays “Android Debug Bridge version x.x.xx” it is working. If it is gives an error saying that adb is not a recognized command, it has not been successful. Carefully repeat the steps above if this is the case. Close the command prompt window when you are done.
- Show File Extensions – Open a command prompt window and run “Control folders” (without the quotes). Go to the View tab and uncheck the “Hide extensions for known file types” option. This will help avoid confusion when renaming files.
- Battery – Ensure that your phone has at least 60% battery remaining, and that your PC is plugged in and wont shut down spontaneously during the process. The procedure doesn’t take very long (5-15 minutes), but its best to have enough charge in case something goes wrong.
- Backup (Optional) – Unlocking the bootloader will completely wipe all data from the device. This includes apps, settings and even the contents of the internal sdcard (pictures, music, etc.). Copy all important files off the phone onto a PC or upload them to a cloud.
- Driver Installation – Download and install the Universal ADB Driver.
2. Here is a tutorial on how to install TWRP recovery:
(Procedure would be same for almost all the phones)
- Next you would need to download the rom to your device, either download directly on your oneplus or download it on your computer and then transfer the zip file to your phone. Download from here .
- You would also want Gapps download it from HERE
- Reboot into recovery and follow these steps:
- Wipe the phone.
- Select install and select rom you downloaded.
- Wipe cache/dalvik
- Install Gapps.zip
- And you are done.
Here is a video demonstrating the same:
Source: OnePlus Forums